What are the early warning signs of stomach cancer?
When stomach cancer does cause signs and symptoms, they can include:
- Poor appetite.
- Weight loss (without trying)
- Abdominal (belly) pain.
- Vague discomfort in the abdomen, usually above the navel.
- Feeling full after eating only a small meal.
- Heartburn or indigestion.
- Vomiting, with or without blood.
What is the biggest risk factor for gastric cancer?
Although several risk factors are described, Helicobacter pylori infection and family history of gastric cancer are the two main risk factors for gastric cancer.
What are 7 warning signs of cancer?
Signs of Cancer
- Change in bowel or bladder habits.
- A sore that does not heal.
- Unusual bleeding or discharge.
- Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere.
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing.
- Obvious change in a wart or mole.
- Nagging cough or hoarseness.
How long can stomach cancer go undetected?
As the cancer progresses, the symptoms that do appear can be misdiagnosed as normal gastrointestinal issues. As a result, stomach cancer can go undetected for years before the symptoms become concerning enough to warrant diagnostic testing.
Can someone have cancer for years without knowing?
If you’re wondering how long you can have cancer without knowing it, there’s no straight answer. Some cancers can be present for months or years before they’re detected. Some commonly undetected cancers are slow-growing conditions, which gives doctors a better chance at successful treatment.
Does stomach cancer show up in blood tests?
You might have blood tests to help diagnose stomach cancer. Blood tests can: check your general health, including how well your liver and kidneys are working. check numbers of blood cells.
How would you know if you have stomach cancer?
In addition to a physical examination, the following tests may be used to diagnose stomach cancer:
- Biopsy. …
- Molecular testing of the tumor. …
- Endoscopy. …
- Endoscopic ultrasound. …
- X-ray. …
- Barium swallow. …
- Computed tomography (CT or CAT) scan. …
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Is stomach cancer curable?
Many cases of stomach cancer can’t be completely cured, but it’s still possible to relieve symptoms and improve quality of life using chemotherapy and in some cases radiotherapy and surgery. If operable, surgery can cure stomach cancer as long as all of the cancerous tissue can be removed.
Does spicy cause stomach cancer?
A recent meta-analysis looked at almost 40 studies and found that eating large amounts of spicy food was associated with an increased risk for gastric cancer.