What do you experience when you have lung cancer?

What happens to your body when you have lung cancer?

Lung cancer often spreads (metastasizes) to other parts of the body, such as the brain and the bones. Cancer that spreads can cause pain, nausea, headaches, or other signs and symptoms depending on what organ is affected. Once lung cancer has spread beyond the lungs, it’s generally not curable.

What is life like with lung cancer?

NSCLC accounts for over 80% of all lung cancers and is the major cause of death worldwide. The remaining 20% of patients with lung tumors are diagnosed as SCLC. Their average survival is between 12 and 16 months for limited stage and between 7 and 11 months for extensive stage.

Can I still work with lung cancer?

Being diagnosed with lung cancer doesn’t mean you have to stop working. Many people remain in employment and continue to work with lung cancer.

How can I check myself for lung cancer?

The fact is, there are no simple ways to detect lung cancer on your own. Going through tests and physical examinations during a visit to the doctor is the only way to truly diagnose lung cancer.

How long does it take for lung cancer to progress from Stage 1 to Stage 4?

It takes about three to six months for most lung cancers to double their size. Therefore, it could take several years for a typical lung cancer to reach a size at which it could be diagnosed on a chest X-ray.

IT IS INTERESTING:  Question: What is the VA rating for lung cancer?