Cancer causing foods
- Processed meat. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there is “convincing evidence” that processed meat causes cancer. …
- Red meat. …
- Alcohol. …
- Salted fish (Chinese style) …
- Sugary drinks or non-diet soda. …
- Fast food or processed foods. …
- Fruit and vegetables. …
Which type of diet contributes most to cancer quizlet?
Diets high in saturated fat, red meat, alcohol, and obesity have been associated with an increased risk of colon cancer in both men and women.
Which of the following foods are associated with a decreased risk of developing cancer?
Nonstarchy vegetables, whole fruits and whole grains are linked with a lower cancer risk. It’s not clear which components in vegetables and fruits are most protective against cancer. So enjoy a variety of these foods as they are often rich sources of a variety of nutrients.
Can certain foods cause cancer?
Diet is just one of the lifestyle factors that influence the risk of developing cancer. Smoking, obesity, alcohol, sun exposure and physical activity levels are also important. Although some foods can affect cancer risk, there is no evidence that specific foods can cause or cure cancer.
What are 6 foods that prevent cancer?
6 Foods That May Lower Your Risk of Cancer
- Blueberries and Goji Berries. Blueberries and goji berries are two key foods that can lower your risk of cancer because they contain high amounts of antioxidants and other vitamins, like vitamin C and beta-carotene. …
- Green Tea. …
- Turmeric. …
- Ginger. …
- Leafy Greens. …
- Foods to Avoid.
What foods stop cancer growth?
Foods such as broccoli, berries, and garlic showed some of the strongest links to cancer prevention. They’re low in calories and fat and power-packed with phytochemicals and antioxidants that may help reduce your cancer risk.
What type of cancer is most likely associated with obesity quizlet?
Colorectal cancer: People who are obese are slightly (about 30%) more likely to develop colorectal cancer than normal-weight people (18). A higher BMI is associated with increased risks of colon and rectal cancers in both men and in women, but the increases are higher in men than in women (18).
Which of the following factors can initiate cancer?
The most common risk factors for cancer include aging, tobacco, sun exposure, radiation exposure, chemicals, and other substances, some viruses and bacteria, certain hormones, family history of cancer, alcohol, poor diet, lack of physical activity, or being overweight.
Which of the following is the best example of complementary proteins?
Examples of complementary proteins include: Rice and Beans: The most classic example of combining proteins is rice and beans. Rice protein is high in the amino acids cysteine and methionine, but low in lysine. Bean protein is low in the amino acid methionine.
What are the 5 parts of my plate?
As the MyPlate icon shows, the five food groups are Fruits, Vegetables, Grains, Protein Foods, and Dairy. The 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans emphasizes the importance of an overall healthy eating pattern with all five groups as key building blocks, plus oils.
Which of the following is one of the seven warning signs of cancer?
Signs of Cancer
- Change in bowel or bladder habits.
- A sore that does not heal.
- Unusual bleeding or discharge.
- Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere.
- Indigestion or difficulty in swallowing.
- Obvious change in a wart or mole.
- Nagging cough or hoarseness.